Health Care Assistant
30-37.5 hours per week
£9.69 to £10.51 per hour depending on experience
Thursday 7th July 2022 at midday
We are looking for a Health Care Assistant to join Frome Medical Centre's Clinical Outpatients Department and minor operations theatre.
Our ideal candidate will hold an NVQ Level 3 qualification, have experience in phlebotomy and be willing to support a range of visiting clinical services including Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, ENT, Rheumatology, Diabetes, Neurology and General Surgery.
The role also provides scope to support the wider practice by carrying out additional clinical duties such as NHS health checks as required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative, welcoming and supportive team providing primary care, at Frome Medical Practice. We are a single site practice and Primary Care Network in our own right with a patient population of just under 30,000. We have received National Awards for Sustainability and our Green Impact work and have also been nationally recognised for our outstanding Health Connections (social prescribing) programme, which is based in the practice. We have strong relationships with our local community and local healthcare providers and are situated next to the local community hospital.
Essential qualifications / experience includes:
- Experience of working in a health care setting / ideally with secondary care / outpatients.
- Minor ops theatre experience
- First Aid, Basic lifesaving qualification
- Ability to follow procedures
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills and computer literacy
- Ability to use initiative
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide technical skills including phlebotomy, assisting in minor operations theatre, ECGs, basic dressings, blood pressure monitoring, suture removal. bladder scans and urine flows etc
- Tp provide a first rate service to the visiting RUH consultants and clinicians
- To undertake all procedures within agreed protocols
- To ensure consulting rooms are stocked, organised and clean
- To use RUH computer systems to record when patients have been seen and which procedures have been performed
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of responsibilities.
- NHS pension available
- NHS and local discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free parking
- Work events and training
- Voucher for free eye tests and discounted lenses and grames
- Employer recognition of staff wellbeing, Fairtrade Week and National Kindness Day.
You can download the full job description here:
For further information please contact the HR Team by emailing email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 7th July, midday
Interview date: TBC
(Please note that our online application process begins with the completion of our equal opportunities monitoring form, before moving on to the application form.)
We reserve the right to close adverts early should we receive sufficient applications.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.