It is quick and easy to register with us using our simple online GP registration form. Whether you are new to the area or have never registered with a GP practice before, there is usually no need to come to the practice to complete your registration and no proof of address is required.
We recommend patients use the NHS App, which will enable you to order repeat prescriptions, book some appointments and see summary information from your GP medical record (this is currently limited to medications, allergies, and adverse reactions).
We want to get better at communicating with our patients and ensure you can read and understand the information we send you.
If you find it hard to read our letters or if you need someone to support you at appointments, please complete our Accessibility Needs Form below.
Car parking is available on site, although we would ask that patients consider alternative ways to get to the Practice where possible.
The Car Park is only for patients and users of the Frome Medical Centre and Frome Community Hospital.
The practice has good access for wheelchairs. We also have toilet facilities for the disabled.
Patient Participation Group
Frome Medical Practice has a Patient Participation Group (PPG) and a Youth Participation Group. You can find out more here.
Learning is embedded in our culture at Frome Medical Practice in an open and interactive way. There are always between three and five trainees here at any one time, and so we are all used to learning from each other regardless of whether you are a trainer or not. Trainers really enjoy the interaction with new GPs in training, as well as learning huge amounts themselves along the way.
Alex Clark was one of our GP Registrars. Alex completed the final stages of his GP training at Frome Medical Practice and has stayed on now as an Associate GP. Here are his thoughts on the learning opportunities we provide:
"I was pleased to have the opportunity to stay on as an Associate GP. The Practice has a strong training and education ethos, with regular clinical education sessions, experienced trainers and a variety of opportunities available to develop specific interests and skills. Having a number of trainers and trainees in the Practice also helps to create a supportive culture that encourages learning from each other, which was a definite contributory factor when deciding to stay on at Frome."
Other work we undertake that relates to our 'learning' value includes:
- Encouraging clinical discussions to take place - both formally in meetings and informally over coffee
- Weekly educational meetings
- Monthly Practice meetings to review significant events and positive events, in order to improve our learning
- Providing work experience and study placement opportunities
- Operating as a learning centre, regularly hosting events for other organisations
- Working in partnership with Health Connections Mendipto deliver events sharing information and learning on the Frome Model of Enhanced Primary Careand the work we are doing on social prescribing
Work we are doing relating to our responsibility value includes:
- highlighting World Kindness Day within the Practice and with our partners
- implementing the #hellomynameis...campaign
- promoting our local parkrun
- offering Couch to 5k groups to patients
- offering Run, Walk and Talk Groups to patients
- supporting a local charity each year, by selecting a Charity of the Year and working with them and our team to fundraise and highlight their work
- made a small contribution to Avon Needs Trees, following the 2020 Green Impact for Health Conference
- delivering services as a caring Practice
- awarded Active Practice Charter Status - meaning we have demonstrated a commitment to actively promote physical health for all at the practice, patients and staff
The core purpose of Frome Medical Practice is to ‘support your health’, which includes supporting the environment in which we all live and work. Sustainability is one of the core values that we are implementing to achieve this purpose. We are committed to making changes and improvements that will help reduce our carbon footprint, as well as improving health and wellbeing of patients and our own staff.
We have made a number of commitments to sustainability as a Practice. These are written into our Policy for Green Impact. Our focus on the NUS RCGP Green Impact Award is also an ideal opportunity to implement our core values, including sustainability.
Our key areas of focus for sustainability are:
- Improving our energy efficiency
- Implementing our lighting responsibility plan
- Sourcing food and drink responsibly and avoiding use of plastic where possible
- Reducing waste and increasing recycling
- Promoting sustainable transport
- Purchasing sustainably
- Reducing our use of paper
- Reducing prescribing
- Implementing the NUS/RCGP Green Impact Toolkit
Charity of the Year
As part of our commitment to our Core Value of Responsibility and also to our local community, Frome Medical Practice has a Charity of the Year.
Each year the Charity will be chosen by the whole team, through a two stage voting process:
- All staff are invited to nominate their favourite local charity.
- The three charities with the most nominations are then put forward to the whole team to vote on.
Our overall CQC Rating was: GOOD
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) makes sure hospitals, care homes, dental and GP surgeries, and all other care services in England provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care and encourages them to make improvements where possible.SEE THE FULL REPORT
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.