Winter Vaccinations Update - 28th October 2021
The latest information from Frome Medical Practice regarding winter vaccinations is as follows:
We are continuing to offer flu vaccination clinics to eligible patients. You can find out who is eligible for a flu vaccination here.
Key messages regarding flu vaccinations are:
- Patients over 50 can now call us (after 2pm when phone lines may be less busy) to book their flu vaccine appointment.
- If you’re one of our housebound patients a member of the team will soon be in touch with you to arrange an appointment for your flu vaccination.
- Flu vaccination clinic appointments take place at Frome Medical Practice, unless a patient is housebound.
COVID booster vaccinations
As previously explained, Frome Medical Practice will not be offering COVID booster vaccinations. Please do not call the practice regarding COVID booster vaccines.
The COVID booster vaccine helps improve the protection you have from your first two doses of the vaccine and gives you longer-term protection against getting seriously ill from COVID. We strongly encourage eligible patients to get the booster vaccination.
Full details of the COVID booster vaccination programme are available here but here is a summary:
- The booster vaccine is available if your second dose of the vaccine was at least 6 months ago. Many people are finding they become eligible at 6 months and 1 week after their second dose.
- You will be invited by the central NHS for your booster vaccine. Please do not contact Frome Medical Practice regarding this.
- If you’ve not received your invite and it’s been 6 months and 1 week (190 days) since your second dose you can try and book your appointment online without the invite.
- We are not offering the booster vaccine at Frome Medical Practice – appointments will be offered at larger vaccination centres or pharmacies, for example. This may involve travel out of Frome – there are centres at Westbury or Shepton Mallet. Appointments may be available at St Aldhelm’s Pharmacy on the Frome Medical Centre site but cannot be guaranteed at the time of you making your booking.
- COVID boosters for housebound patients are being delivered via Shape Mendip, who will be in touch with you to arrange an appointment for your vaccine to be done.
- Your booster vaccine may be different to the vaccines you had for your 1st and 2nd doses.
Published: Oct 28, 2021
- Sign up for the NHS App
- Order a repeat prescription
- Our Appointment System
- Register as a Patient
- Who do I see?
- Opening Hours
- Contact Us
- Change of Personal Details
- Information for Young People
- Fit Notes
- Test Results
- Online Forms
- Practice News
- Work With Us
- Online Consultations
- Charity of the Year
- Frome Model of Enhanced Primary Care
- Our Values
- Over The Counter Medicines
- Practice Policies
- Press Cuttings
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.