Healthy Homes is a partnership between Frome Town Council, the Centre for Sustainable Energy (CSE) and Frome Medical Practice. Healthy Homes is part of the National Lottery funded Green and Healthy Future Programme.
Cold and damp homes are bad for physical and mental health. Problems and diseases linked to the cold range from blood pressure increases and common colds, to heart attacks and pneumonia. Living in a home that is draughty and loses heat through uninsulated windows, walls and roofs also leads to households paying too much for their heating and increasing their carbon footprint.
The team are ensuring that Frome residents get support to live in a warm, healthy environment - whether that's by helping people on low incomes to access financial support for energy efficency measures, or providing retrofit advice to homeowners wishing to make home upgrades.
Free training is also available to all who want to understand more about home energy - visit Frome Town Council website where information on this can be found.
Would you like to know how our Healthy Homes project could benefit you? Fill in our online form and a member of the team can call you back to discuss.
How the Centre for Sustainable Energy can help
Anyone can call the CSEs helpline on 0800 082 2234 for free advice or a home visit to help with:
- Improving your home's energy efficiency, including advice and support to get a new heating system or insulation
- Tips on ventilation and avoiding damp, condensation and mould
- Help with claiming benefits including the Warm Home Discount Scheme
- Clearing or reducing fuel debt
- Switching to better value and/or green energy tariffs
- Understanding energy use, such as heating systems, bills and meter readings
- Fuel vouchers or emergency support as needed and available
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.