Green and Healthy Future - Healthy Homes
What is Healthy Homes about?
Healthy Homes is a partnership between Frome Town Council, the Centre for Sustainable Energy (CSE) and Frome Medical Practice. Healthy Homes is part of the National Lottery funded Green and Healthy Future Programme.
Cold and damp homes are bad for physical and mental health. Problems and diseases linked to the cold range from blood pressure increases and common colds, to heart attacks and pneumonia. Living in a home that is draughty and loses heat through uninsulated windows, walls and roofs also leads to households paying too much for their heating and increasing their carbon footprint.
The team are ensuring that Frome residents get support to live in a warm, healthy environment - whether that's by helping people on low incomes to access financial support for energy efficency measures, or providing retrofit advice to homeowners wishing to make home upgrades.
Free training is also available to all who want to understand more about home energy - see below for link to Frome Town Council website where information on this can be found.
If you'd like to talk to someone about how Healthy Homes could help you.....
Would you like to know how our Healthy Homes project could benefit you? Fill in our online form and a member of the team can call you back to discuss.
How the Centre for Sustainable Energy can help.....
Anyone can call the CSE’s helpline on 0800 082 2234 for free advice or a home visit to help with:
- Improving your home’s energy efficiency, including advice and support to get a new heating system or insulation
- Tips on ventilation and avoiding damp, condensation and mould
- Help with claiming benefits including the Warm Home Discount Scheme
- Clearing or reducing fuel debt
- Switching to better value and/or green energy tariffs
- Understanding energy use, such as heating systems, bills and meter readings
- Fuel vouchers or emergency support as needed and available
For more information on our Healthy Homes project....
For more information about Healthy Homes, including dates of drop in sessions in the town centre and training available, please visit the Frome Town Council website - click below: