Why Work With Us
About Frome Medical Practice
Frome Medical Practice delivers primary care services to around 30,000 patients from the attractive market town of Frome and surrounding villages.
For the last few years we have also been recognised by the Royal College of General Practice as leading the way in Sustainability and Green Impact in primary care. We are well known for our innovative Health Connections project and our Complex Care Team. Both of these are underpinned by the strong relationships we have with established with the local community and other service providers to really support and improve patient care.
We are a friendly and supportive team who work together to meet the needs of our patients and we continuously strive for improvement.
Frome has been highlighted as one of the 'best places to live in Britain' and is a welcoming and vibrant place to live, visit and work. Whether you enjoy nature, culture and arts, shopping or history - Frome has plenty to offer.
You can find out more about what's on in Frome via Discover Frome. If you are visiting the town, Discover Frome has an Information Point in the Black Swan Arts building.
Located on the edge of the beautiful Mendip Hills, in the East of Somerset, the town is home to just over 27,000 people, with many more living in the numerous surrounding villages. The Roman city of Bath is about 13 miles away.
The town of Frome is governed in a three tier local authority arrangement - Frome Town Council, Mendip District Council and Somerset County Council. It is the largest town in Mendip and the fourth largest town in Somerset, yet it retains a very independent nature - partly due to it's geographical location, some distance from the administrative centre of the county, but also because, since 2015, the town council has been made up of all independent councillors.
Meet The Practice Team
We've a growing and diverse team at Frome Medical Practice. And as part of the national #hellomynameis campaign we've asked them to share what it is they enjoy about working here.
You can read their interesting and varied answers within the Meet The Practice Team pages of this website.
Supporting Staff Wellbeing
In order for our team of staff to provide the very best care to our patients it's important for us as a Practice to support their wellbeing where we can. This also links closely to one of our core values, Sustainability, where our work has the potential to impact not just on the environment but on wellbeing too.
We are working towards being accredited by the Wellbeing Charter and implement a number of initiatives to try and support staff wellbeing, including:
- Developing and growing a staff wellbeing garden
- Working with Fusion Leisure to support well being initiatives for staff
- Holding health and well being weeks twice a year - these include opportunities to take part in yoga classes, on site massage, sessions on stress resilience and looking after yourself
- Implementing a flexible working policy
- Being a Disability Confident employer
- Providing all new staff with water bottles, to promote drinking water regularly throughout the day
- Focusing on kindness and compassion in the workplace - an example of this is what we did on World Kindness Day in 2019. We have a focus on World Kindness Day each year.
- Having a named whole-food plant-based diet champion on the team
- Implementing a healthy snack policy for meetings
- Holding regular shared lunch days
- Promoting a Couch to 5k programme for staff
- Being a Park Run Practice
- Promoting local Fitness and Well Being offers to staff
- Joining the Somerset Sports Partnership Active Workplace Scheme (from January 2020)
- Awarded Active Practice Charter Status - meaning we have demonstrated a commitment to actively promote physical health for all at the practice, patients and staff
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.