What To Do When We Are Closed

Self care at home 

Many of us will suffer from acute illness at some time or other. Very often such conditions are things we can manage ourselves at home. For more information on common conditions we can treat at home, what we can do to manage these conditions at home, and when to seek medical advice, please click the link below: 



Pharmacy opening hours 

Pharmacists are fully qualified to advise you on the best course of action for various illnesses and conditions. So you can go to see a pharmacist as soon as you start to feel unwell. This can be the best and quickest way to help you recover and get back to normal.

If you can’t get to a pharmacist yourself, ask someone to go for you or call your local pharmacy.

You can click the link below to see which pharmacies are open in Frome, if needed: 



NHS 111

NHS 111 is available to help you get medical help.

NHS 111 can tell you: 

  • where to get help for your symptoms, if you're not sure what to do
  • how to find general health information and advice
  • where to get an emergency supply of your prescribed medicine
  • how to get a repeat prescription

You can either telephone 111 or use the online NHS 111 service. 

When you contact NHS 111 you will be connected to a trained adviser, who is supported by experienced nurses/paramedics. They will ask you questions to assess your symptoms and give you the health care advice you need or direct you to a local service that can help you best.

The NHS 111 service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

NHS 111 should not be used in an emergency situation. 


If you are dealing with an emergency

Call 999 now if someone has the following: 

  • signs of a heart attack - pain like a very tight band, heavy weight or squeezing in the centre of your chest
  • signs of a stroke - face dropping on one side, can’t hold both arms up, difficulty speaking
  • severe difficulty breathing - not being able to get words out, choking or gasping
  • heavy bleeding - that won’t stop
  • severe injuries - or deep cuts after a serious accident
  • seizure (fit) - someone is shaking or jerking because of a fit, or is unconscious (can’t be woken up)
  • sudden, rapid swelling - of the eyes, lips, mouth, throat or tongue

Deaf people can use 18000 to contact 999 using text relay.



For NHS advice about COVID-19, including symptoms, testing, vaccination and self-isolation, please click here. 

For the latest government information regarding coronavirus please click here.