Pharmacy Technician (permanent)
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
To £27,200 dependent on experience (specifically management) & qualifications
Midday, Wednesday 18th November 2020*
Friday 27th November 2020
*We reserve the right to close early if sufficient applications are received.
Applications from Graduates welcome.
We are currently looking for a hardworking, reliable person with excellent attention to detail skills to join our innovative forward thinking team at Frome Medical Centre.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Registered Pharmacy Technician with GPhC or willingness to work towards this qualification
- Knowledge of medicines management, including relevant legislation or policies (candidates who do not have this but show a strong commitment to developing this maybe considered)
- Enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work well in a busy environment
Responsibilities will include:
- To play an active role ensuring regular medication audits are carried out and that key performance indicators for the team are actively monitored, reviewed and achieved
- To ensure dose optimisation on medicines and to oversee the team work for medication switches and synchronisation to ensure safe and effective prescribing
- To provide advice to GPs, staff and patients in changes to prescribing in order to support improvement of prescribing safety, quality and cost effectiveness
- To respond to medication queries from patients and staff in a professional manner referring to appropriate clinician as appropriate and ensure this ethos is present throughout the team
- NHS pension available
- NHS and local discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free parking
- Work events and training
For further information please contact the HR Team on 01373 468102.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 18th November 2020 (midday)
Interview date: Friday 27th November
Alternatively, you can mail your application to:
Human Resources, Frome Medical Practice, Enos Way, Frome, Somerset BA11 2FH