Up to full time hours available
Dependent on experience
Thursday 23rd September 2021, midday*
week commencing 4th October 2021
*We reserve the right to close early if sufficient applications are received.
Join our dynamic, innovative and welcoming practice providing primary care, at Frome Medical Practice. We are a single site practice and Primary Care Network in our own right with a patient population of just under 30,000. We were Somerset CCG Practice of the Year 2017. We have received National Awards for Sustainability and our Green Impact work and have also been nationally recognised for our outstanding Health Connections (social prescribing) programme, which is based in the practice. We have strong relationships with our local community and local healthcare providers and are situated next to the local community hospital. We are an innovative practice with a strong focus on patient care and safety. We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our excellent existing team.
Essential qualifications & experience includes:
- Current Registration – RGN
- PACR or working towards
- Independent Prescriber Qualification
- Qualified as a Nurse Practitioner within the last two years
- 1 year minimum triage/minor illness work, A&E or as an Emergency Care Practitioner
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- To undertake face to face and telephone clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment supporting the practice to meet patient on-the-day and pre-booked demand.
- Processing clinical and administrative tasks/results/paperwork including written referrals and electronic referrals such as telederm and discussions with hospital specialties (e.g.Consultant Connect)
- To undertake triage as required, and to supervise and support our Care Navigator team.
- Ensure that all patient information following consultations, registration, and/or including telephone encounters are fully and recorded accurately on the computer, using EMIS and coded as appropriate.
- Optimising the patient journey and teamworking by liaising with GPs to aim to reach a satisfactory assessments and management plans in areas where you are unsure.
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of responsibilities.
- NHS pension available
- NHS and local discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Employee events and training
For further information please contact our HR Department, on 01373 301301 extension 2758.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 23rd September 2021, midday
Interview date: week commencing 4th October 2021