Up to full time hours available
Dependent on experience
by arrangement with applicants
Join our dynamic, innovative and welcoming practice providing primary care, at Frome Medical Practice. We are a single site practice and Primary Care Network in our own right with a patient population of just under 30,000. We were Somerset CCG Practice of the Year 2017. We have received National Awards for Sustainability and our Green Impact work and have also been nationally recognised for our outstanding Health Connections (social prescribing) programme, which is based in the practice. We have strong relationships with our local community and local healthcare providers and are situated next to the local community hospital. We are an innovative practice with a strong focus on patient care and safety. We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our excellent existing team.
The role would clinically focus on minor illness and on-the-day presentations. We have a mixture of dedicated NP clinics and Duty Team working. So successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. This will involve both telephone triage and face to face appointments. There is also scope for the right candidate to take up a leadership role within the clinical team. Learning and continuing development is key with annual appraisal and weekly education opportunities. We value colleagues who have special interests and the enthusiasm to share their knowledge and expertise.
Essential qualifications & experience includes:
- Current Registration – RGN
- PACR or working towards
- Independent Prescriber Qualification
- Qualified as a Nurse Practitioner within the last two years
- 1 year minimum triage/minor illness work, A&E or as an Emergency Care Practitioner
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- To undertake face to face and telephone clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment supporting the practice to meet patient on-the-day and pre-booked demand.
- Processing clinical and administrative tasks/results/paperwork including written referrals and electronic referrals such as telederm and discussions with hospital specialties (e.g.Consultant Connect)
- To undertake triage as required, and to supervise and support our Care Navigator team.
- Ensure that all patient information following consultations, registration, and/or including telephone encounters are fully and recorded accurately on the computer, using EMIS and coded as appropriate.
- Optimising the patient journey and teamworking by liaising with GPs to aim to reach a satisfactory assessments and management plans in areas where you are unsure.
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of responsibilities.
- NHS pension available
- NHS and local discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Employee events and training
- Voucher for free eye test and discounted lenses / frames
- Employer commitment to wellbeing, Fairtrade week, National Kindness Day
For further information please contact the HR Team by emailing email@example.com
Closing date for applications: we are accepting applications for this post on an ongoing basis
Interview date: by arrangement with applicants
We reserve the right to close adverts early should we receive sufficient applications. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.