Up to full time hours available
Dependent on experience
Thursday 7th October, midday*
week commencing 18th October 2021
*We reserve the right to close early if sufficient applications are received.
Join our dynamic, innovative and welcoming practice providing primary care, at Frome Medical Practice. We are a single site practice and Primary Care Network in our own right with a patient population of just under 30,000. We were Somerset CCG Practice of the Year 2017. We have received National Awards for Sustainability and our Green Impact work and have also been nationally recognised for our outstanding Health Connections (social prescribing) programme, which is based in the practice. We have strong relationships with our local community and local healthcare providers and are situated next to the local community hospital. We are an innovative practice with a strong focus on patient care and safety. We are looking for a Nursing Lead to join our excellent existing team.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of safe and effective nursing care to the whole practice population. As the overseeing manager for the Practice Nurse and Health Care Assistant team the role will provide clinical direction and leadership for these professionals. The role will include oversight of clinical policies and procedures and day to day delivery of clinical care.
The role is also supported by a scheduling team, a QOF administrator and a dedicated chronic disease team including respiratory and diabetes specialist nurses and nurse practitioners. As a large practice and Primary Care Network in our own right, we also have Nurse leads for care homes and our care coordination hub. The role holder would work with these leads.
Essential qualifications & experience includes:
- NMC Registration
- Degree level education
- 5 years Post Qualification Experience
- Management Experience and training including experience of staff development reviews, performance management and hosting meetings
- Chronic Disease Diplomas
- Non medical prescribing
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the development of others in order to maximise staff potential in the team
- Play a key role in our clinical governance and overall practice management team
- Act as a clinical leader in the delivery of practice nursing services to patients, ensuring that the needs of the patient are the priority
- Lead the nursing team in the planning and implementation of local guidelines, protocols and standards, and of local projects or initiatives
- Ensure Health and Safety and Infection Control are high priorities supported by other members of the team
- Work with our QOF administrator and QOF team to ensure we monitor practice performance regularly to achieve high standards of patient care
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of responsibilities.
- NHS pension available
- NHS and local discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Employee events and training
For further information please contact our HR Department, on 01373 301301 extension 2758.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 7th October 2021, midday
Interview date: week commencing 18th October 2021