General Admin Apprenticeship
37.5 hours per week, fixed term up to 15 months
£11,732 per year
Thursday 9th June, midday
week commencing 20th June
We are currently looking for a motivated, keen, hardworking, reliable person with excellent attention to detail to join our innovative forward thinking team at Frome Medical Centre. This is a great opportunity to learn a new role and to gain a recognised qualification. We are fully committed in supporting you through your training and learning in your apprentice role and to providing an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative, welcoming and supportive team providing primary care, at Frome Medical Practice. The Practice delivers primary care services to nearly 30,000 patients. The Medical Practice is a core part of the local community and is situated in a fantastic purpose built surgery with excellent facilities and a large supportive team. We also have an out-patients department, mental health services, district nurses, pharmacy, and health connectors all co-located with us.
We have received National Awards for Sustainability and our Green Impact work and have also been nationally recognised for our outstanding Health Connections (social prescribing) programme, which is based in the practice. We have strong relationships with our local community and local healthcare providers and are situated next to the local community hospital.
Education and experience required:
- Good level of general education, including evidence of numeracy skills. Grade C and above in both Maths and English GCSEs.
- Demonstrate competency in Microsoft packages and and other computer based systems
- Ability to demonstrate a high standard of communication skills with a range of people: face to face, on the telephone and in writing
- Proven administration skills
- Experience of working with the general public
- Experience of working within a busy call centre environment
Please see the job description, linked below, for full list of responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a high level of service delivery to all our patients
- Processing repeat prescriptions according to protocal
- Answering patient queries via telephone, email and face to face
- Responding to GP led tasks and requests and liaising with GP or Pharmacist responsible for prescription signing
- Assisting patients with blood pressure monitoring etc
- Dealing with samples and specimens
- Finance work including use of QuickBooks, sending invoices for authorisation, reconciling supplier statements and dealing with discrepancies, copying / recording financial information
Please see the job description, linked below, for all the skills and qualifications required for the role.
- NHS Pension
- Free Parking
- NHS & Local Discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- In house training
- Employee Events
- Voucher for free eye tests and discounted lenses and frames
- Employer recognition of Wellbeing, Fairtrade Week & National Kindness Day
You can download the full job description and person specification here.
For further information please contact the HR Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Thursday 9th June, midday
Interview date: week commencing 20th June
(Please note that our online application process begins with the completion of our equal opportunities monitoring form, before moving on to the application form.)
We reserve the right to close adverts early should we receive sufficient applications.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.