GP - Community Hospital Complex Care
Up to 7 sessions per week
£81,446 pro rata
Friday 30th September 2022, midday
To be confirmed with applicants
We currently have an opening for a Complex Care Community Hospital General Practitioner to join our dynamic, innovative and welcoming practice. We provide primary care from our single site training practice and we are a Primary Care Network in our own right, with a patient population of just under 30,000. We have received National Awards for Sustainability and our Green Impact work and have also been nationally recognised for our outstanding Health Connections (social prescribing) programme, which is based in the practice.
We have strong relationships with our local community and local healthcare providers and are situated next to the local community hospital. The practice supports the provision of medical services at the hospital, providing GP cover for the inpatients and assessment unit on the mornings of Monday, Tuesday and Thursday each week and throughout the whole day on Wednesday and Friday each week.
The role will involve working with a varied cohort of patients, which ensures a very rewarding working environment. We cover community patients admitted for treatment, support and care act assessments or for end-of-life care. We also cover inpatient rehabilitation patients and those requiring complex discharge planning who are transferred to the community hospital from local acute hospitals.
Support and liaison is provided via the geriatric team from the Royal United Hospital Bath, with a weekly session provided by a consultant geriatrician. This provides an excellent opportunity to review and discuss complex patients.
There is an opportunity to be a GP trainer for the local VTS scheme in the community hospital setting. The role can include supervision of a trainee on the ward as well as provision of tutorials. If there is a desire to pursue this and training is required, this could be accommodated as part of the role.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
Essential qualifications & experience includes:
- Medical Degree
- Qualified as GP
- Full registrations with GMC
- Demonstrates an understanding of the wider issues of health and social needs and care within the Primary Care setting
- Demonstrates an understanding of health education, promotion and public health
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and ability to access national guidance, including NICE and NSFs and apply to practice as required
Please see job description for the full detail of essential and desirable experience and qualifications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provision of complex care support and GP cover to inpatients on Marshfield Ward at the Frome Community Hospital
- Provision of support and assessments in the ambulatory and assessment unit at the hospital
- Responding to medical problems presented by patients, including history taking, examination, investigation, diagnosis, treatment and referral where appropriate.
- Consulting in the practice to meet needs of the organisation, such as when supervising registrars on the ward.
- Flexibility and support for other aspects of the organisation such as discussions/questions from complex care team and other colleagues.
- Participating in clinical governance activity and contributing to the improvement in quality of health outcomes through the practice’s audit programme.
Please see job description for detail of responsibilities.
- £8000 relocation package, subject to terms and conditions
- Skilled Worker Visa (Tier 2 Visa) will be available on this post
- GP fellowship programe for newly qualified GPs
- Indemnity paid by Frome Medical Practice
- 6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Study leave
- NHS pension available
- NHS and local discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Work events and training
- Employer commitment to wellbeing, Fairtrade Week, National Kindness Day, Staff Wellbeing Garden
You can download the full job description and person specification here:
You can find out more about working at Frome Medical Practice here.
For further information please contact the HR Team by emailing email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th September 2022, midday
Interview date: to be arranged
(Please note that our online application process begins with the completion of our equal opportunities monitoring form, before moving on to the application form.)
We reserve the right to close adverts early should we receive sufficient applications.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.