Business Manager (Frome Health Solutions)
30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with some weekend work
dependent on experience
8th December 2021, midday*
13th December 2021
*we reserve the right to close applications early
Are you someone with Business Development skills looking for a new challenge with the opportunity to both shape and grow our current service provision in a health care setting? Ideally you will have experiences in sales, marketing and finance. You will also have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
Frome Health Solutions (FHS) is based in Frome Medical Centre and consists of an Outpatient Department, a minor operating theatre and the Horizon Suite. The Horizon Suite is separate to the Outpatients area and consists of five separate clinical rooms with a separate reception and waiting area. The main user of the Outpatient Department is a large local DGH (District General Hospital) and the post holder will be responsible for managing, maintaining and further developing relationships with them. This involves working with consultants and their teams in a variety of specialities, The post holder will also work with the finance and administrative teams to at the DGH tp ensure all contracts and services run smoothly. Administrative staff from the DGH also work on the Outpatients reception on a daily basis.
Frome Medical Practice regularly use rooms in this area and the post holder would work with the Frome Medical Practice Scheduling team to coordinate usage. There will be opportunities for the role holder to further develop and optimise the clinical use of this area and across the Medical Practice.
The Operating theatre currently has regular use from a number of large providers and also in-house practitioners from the Frome Medical Practice. The post holder will be responsible for overseeing the rotas for these areas and ensuring with the Outpatients nurse lead that all infection control and health and safety policies and protocols are in place.
The Horizon Suite is predominantly used by an Ophthalmological surgery provider. The post holder would oversee the management of this contract on a day to day basis and be the main point of contact for any issues that arise.
The Frome Medical Centre tenants collectively contract a facilities management and cleaning team. The post holder would ensure this this team meet their contractual requirements for Frome Health Solutions and will also work with this team for additional ad hoc requirements.
The Frome Medical Centre also has an Education and Board room which can form one large or two smaller spaces. Part of the role would be to develop the use of these spaces particularly at weekends and evenings. Weekend opportunities could include attracting external training providers who require clinical rooms and an education space. The post holder would also play a key role in the bookings for this area, and also be involved in supporting any conferences or training events organised by Frome Medical Practice and Frome Health solutions.
The post holder will report to our GP lead partner and have day to day oversight of additional team members including a Nurse Lead and a Health Care Assistant. Both of these will regularly support contracted users to deliver their clinics. The post holder will also have the wider support of the Finance Controller who oversees Frome Medical Practice, Frome Health Solutions and the wider Frome Medical Centre Consortium accounts.
Essential qualifications & experience includes:
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent in business management or able to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years management experience ideally in a healthcare setting
- Experience of managing a budget and finance processes
- Experience of managing contracts
- Experience of marketing and sales
- Experience of managing website content or a willingness to learn
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- To work the GP Partner lead to develop the business through maintaining existing clients and establishing new clients to ensure the business remains profitable and flourishes.
- To build a database of potential clients, and use a variety of marketing strategies to improve business opportunities. This includes establishing a website and where appropriate using social media.
- To develop consistent branding to promote the service and update booking terms and conditions as required.
- To oversee and negotiate both new contracts and contract renewal.
- Working with the FMP scheduling team and where appropriate Hospital admin staff based in outpatients to ensure scheduling of activity is optimised for maximum use across both FHS and Frome Medical Practice (FMP) activities. The role holder will be expected to work with and understand Omni Rota, our cross service booking system, and to lead use of this with the Nursing/HCA team.
- To manage the overall budget and ensure good financial controls are in place through good record keeping, timely invoicing and ensuring good cancellation procedures are in place in line with contractual agreements.
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of responsibilities.
- NHS pension available
- NHS and local discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Employee events and training
- Voucher for free eye test and discounted lenses / frames
- Employer commitment to wellbeing, Fairtrade week, National Kindness Day
For further information please contact our HR Department, on 01373 301301 extension 2758.
Closing date for applications: 8th December, midday
Interview date: 13th December
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.