Bank Theatre Nurse
Minimum of 5 hours per week*
Competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience
Thursday 18th August 2022, midday
By arrangement with applicants
*with scope to increase hours to provide holiday cover as required)
We are looking for an experienced Theatre Nurse to work alongside our Outpatient team on a bank basis for three Tuesdays (ENT) and one Thursday morning (Ophthalmology) a month. You will be supporting procedures requiring local anaesthetics across ENT and Ophthalmology, ensuring the operating theatre team functions efficiently and patient details are recorded accurately. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with the Millennium patient record system, though training can be provided if not. We hope that the successful candidate would also be flexible to accommodate additional hours to cover existing staff holidays as needed.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative, welcoming and supportive team providing primary care, at Frome Medical Practice. We are a single site practice and Primary Care Network in our own right with a patient population of just under 30,000. We were Somerset CCG Practice of the Year 2017. We have received National Awards for Sustainability and our Green Impact work and have also been nationally recognised for our outstanding Health Connections (social prescribing) programme, which is based in the practice. We have strong relationships with our local community and local healthcare providers and are situated next to the local community hospital.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Experience working within an operating theatre setting
- Maintaining the highest levels of patient care at all points of the patient journey through theatre
- Ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense and clinical knowledge to respond to the needs of patients.
Please see the job description, linked below, for full list of responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- To prepare the minor operations theatre for that session’s patient list.
- To support visiting surgeons conducting procedures across both ENT and Ophthalmology disciplines.
- Work alongside the HCA team to ensure patient documentation is recorded accurately on Millennium and that the highest levels of patient care are maintained at all points of the patient journey through theatre.
- To ensure safe working practices are adhered to and that all Infection Prevention and Control measures are monitored before, during and after theatre.
- Ensure theatre is appropriately cleared down at the end of that session’s list.
Please see the job description, linked below, for all the skills and qualifications required for the role.
- NHS Pension
- Free Parking
- NHS & Local Discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- In house training
- Employee Events
- Voucher for free eye tests and discounted lenses and frames
- Employer recognition of Wellbeing, Fairtrade Week & National Kindness Day
- Staff wellbeing garden
You can download the full job description here.
You can find out more about working at Frome Medical Practice here.
For further information please contact the HR Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Thursday 18th August 2022, midday
Interview date: By arrangement with applicants
(Please note that our online application process begins with the completion of our equal opportunities monitoring form, before moving on to the application form.)
We reserve the right to close adverts early should we receive sufficient applications.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.