Health Care Assistant (Bank)
£9.48 to £10.50 per hour, dependent on experience
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis at the current time
To be agreed with applicants
We are looking for Bank Health Care Assistants to join us at Frome Medical Practice. The purpose of the role is to offer a high standard of evidence based care to patients, to include phlebotomy, technician skills, screening and health promotion.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an innovative, welcoming and supportive team providing primary care at Frome Medical Practice. We are a single site practice and Primary Care Network in our own right with a patient population of just under 30,000. As a practice we were Somerset CCG Practice of the Year 2017. We have received National Awards for Sustainability and our Green Impact work and have also been nationally recognised for our outstanding Health Connections (social prescribing) programme, which is based in the practice. We have strong relationships with our local community and local healthcare providers and are situated next to the local community hospital. Frome Medical Practice functions in a fantastic purpose built surgery with excellent facilities and a large supportive team. It has an outpatients department, mental health services, district nurses, pharmacy and health connector, all on the premises.
Essential qualifications / experience includes:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent Health and Social Care
- First Aid or basic life saving qualification
- Basic knowledge of nursing care
- Experience of working in a health care setting
- Ability to follow procedures and work under pressure
- Ability to use initiative and be a good team player
- Caring and Confidential
Please see the job description, linked below, for full list of responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide technical skills including phlebotomy, ECGs, basic dressings, leg ulcer dressings, blood pressure monitoring, injections etc
- To assist the practice nurses in clinical duties as appropriate, including minor surgery and coil fitting
- To ensure that equipment is used and stored as per manufacturers recommendations
- To use the Practice computer system to record when patients have been seen and what procedure(s) have been performed
Please see the job description, linked below, for all the skills and qualifications required for the role.
- NHS Pension available
- NHS & Local discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free Parking
- Work events & Training
For further information please contact the HR Team on 01373 301301 extension 2758.
Closing date for applications: We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis at the current time
Interview date: To be agreed with applicants