Care / Prescriptions Navigator Apprenticeship
37.5 per week, fixed term up to 15 months
£8408 per annum
Friday 11th June, midday
Tuesday 22nd June, midday
We are currently looking for a motivated, keen, hardworking, reliable person with excellent attention to detail to join our innovative forward thinking team at Frome Medical Centre. This is a great opportunity to learn a new role and to gain a recognised qualification. We are fully committed in supporting you through your training and learning in your apprentice role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative, welcoming and supportive team providing primary care, at Frome Medical Practice. We are a single site practice and Primary Care Network in our own right with a patient population of just under 30,000. We were Somerset CCG Practice of the Year 2017. We have received National Awards for Sustainability and our Green Impact work and have also been nationally recognised for our outstanding Health Connections (social prescribing) programme, which is based in the practice. We have strong relationships with our local community and local healthcare providers and are situated next to the local community hospital.
Education and experience required:
- Good level of general education, including evidence of numeracy skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and able to demonstrate familiarity with computer based systems
- Ability to demonstrate a high standard of communication skills with a range of people: face to face and on the telephone
- Able to work well under pressure and deal with a busy work environment
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent patient support and navigating patients to the right care and the right time with the right person
- Ensuring we collectively meet the attainments of prescription targets and ensure high level of patient care.
- Ensuring a high level of service delivery to all our patients
- Processing repeat prescriptions according to protocol and electronic prescribing
- Answering patient queries via telephone, email or face to face
- Responding to GP led tasks and requests and liaise with GP or Pharmacist responsible for script signing on a daily basis
- NHS Pension available
- NHS & local discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free parking
- Work events & training
- Voucher for free eye tests and discounted lenses and frames
You can read the full job description and person specification here.
For further information please contact Jasmin Thomas in HR team on 01373 301301 extension 2758.
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th June, midday
Interview date: Tuesday 22nd June, midday