Privacy Notice – Disclosures to the Police
The police may request information in relation to on-going enquiries, all requests are reviewed and only appropriate information will be shared under legislation.
1) Data Controller contact detailsFrome Medical Practice
Frome Medical Centre
Telephone: 01373 301301
2) Data Protection Officer contact detailsKevin Caldwell
GP Data Protection Officer
Telephone: 01935 384000
3) Purpose of the processing
As with any disclosures to the police, there must be:
- A legal duty to disclose, or
- A sufficiently important reason to disclose AND a legal basis for doing so.
- The Prevention of Terrorism Act (1989) and Terrorism Act (2000)
- The Road Traffic Act (1988)
- The Female Genital Mutilation Act (2003)
4) Lawful basis for processing
To enable the HCO to receive information concerning a patient for the purposes of an investigation, the following Article 6 and 9 conditions apply:
6(1)(c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
9(2)(g) – Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest on the basis of Union or Member State law which is proportionate to the aim pursued and which contains appropriate safeguards
We will consider your rights established under UK case law collectively known as the “Common Law Duty of Confidentiality”*
5) Recipient or categories of recipients of the processed data
The Police (or other judicial authorities)
6) Rights to object
7) Right to access and correct
8) Retention period
Data retained in line with Police policies.
9) Right to complain
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, you can use this link https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or calling their helpline 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.