Our Values - Sustainability
The core purpose of Frome Medical Practice is to ‘support your health’, which includes supporting the environment in which we all live and work. Sustainability is one of the core values that we are implementing to achieve this purpose. We are committed to making changes and improvements that will help reduce our carbon footprint, as well as improving health and wellbeing of patients and our own staff.
We have made a number of commitments to sustainability as a Practice. These are written into our Policy for Green Impact. Our focus on the NUS RCGP Green Impact Award is also an ideal opportunity to implement our core values, including sustainability.
Our key areas of focus for sustainability are:
- Improving our energy efficiency
- Implementing our lighting responsibility plan
- Sourcing food and drink responsibly and avoiding use of plastic where possible
- Reducing waste and increasing recycling
- Promoting sustainable transport
- Purchasing sustainably
- Reducing our use of paper
- Reducing prescribing
- Implementing the NUS/RCGP Green Impact Toolkit
You can read more about our work on sustainability here.
Find out what we are doing to support staff health and wellbeing here.