Ordering a repeat prescription
We recommend ordering repeat prescriptions as follows during the coronavirus outbreak:
Our preferred way for you to order your repeat prescription is via the NHS App. You can download the NHS App, find out more about using it or get help with using it by clicking here.
If you've not yet had chance to download the NHS App but you're registered to use our online services you can order your repeat prescriptions online - click here.
If you are not registered to order online then please click here and email repeat prescription requests to the prescriptions team. Please include the patient name, date of birth, list of required medication and chosen pharmacy destination in your email.
Alternatively you can use our online form for repeat prescriptions and other prescription enquiries:
If you are self isolating please arrange for the prescription to be collected by a relative / friend / volunteer. If you need to arrange a delivery please contact your pharmacy destination directly. Unfortunately we are unable to help with delivery requests as these are managed by individual pharmacies.
Order your repeat prescriptions using the NHS App.
Sign up for the NHS App by downloading the app on your smartphone or tablet.
The NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on their smartphone or tablet, including ordering repeat prescriptions. We are encouraging patients to sign up for the App.
Under normal circumstances, you can order your repeat prescription in the following ways, but we ask that during the coronavirus outbreak you follow the advice above.
- Sign up for the NHS App - this is the way we are now asking patients to order their repeat prescriptions. If you struggle with any aspects of downloading or using the App we can help you - click here.
- If you haven't yet signed up for the NHS App but you are registered to use our online services you can order your repeat prescription online here
- You can email the Prescriptions Team here
- You can use our online form to contact the prescriptions team (this can be used for repeat prescriptions, as well as general prescription enquiries)
- You can complete the tear-off slip attached to your last prescription, ticking the box(es) next to the medication required. This slip can then be handed in at the Practice or posted to Frome Medical Centre, Enos Way, Frome, Somerset BA11 2FH
- You can order in person at Frome Medical Centre by completing a repeat prescription request form, available from the Information Desk
- You can write to the Prescriptions Team at Frome Medical Centre, Enos Way, Frome, Somerset BA11 2FH
- Some local chemists offer a collection, ordering and delivery service that is supported by the Practice. For full details please contact your local chemist.
We have a facility where our local chemists are willing to pick up an ordered prescription and have it made up ready for the patient to collect directly from the pharmacy. If you do not state a preference your prescription will be sent to your previous chosen destination.
PLEASE ALLOW 3 WORKING DAYS FOR US TO ISSUE THE PRESCRIPTION. THE PHARMACY MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL TIME TO PREPARE THE MEDICATION.
Have you been approached to change to an online pharmacy? If so please read the following statement from the Dispensing Doctors Association:
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.