The Old Showfield Parkrun
Frome has it's own parkrun, taking place every Saturday morning at 9am on The Old Showfield. More information is available here.
Frome Medical Practice is delighted to be a certified parkrun practice. meaning our health care staff can easily signpost patients and carers to parkrun, particularly those who are the least active or have long term health conditions. This builds on our initiative to offer Couch to 5k sessions to patients.
Being a parkrun practice is another way that we can help to:
- improve the health and wellbeing of practice staff
- improve the health and wellbeing of patients and carers, reducing the need for lifelong medication
- raise awareness amongst the parkrun community of services that practices provide
- contribute to the development of a local community and environment that is centred around wellness generation
- support the UK-wide movement to scale up social prescribing activities
Parkruns take place across the world, are free to join in with and are accessible - with the routes being in public areas of open space. Each parkrun is coordinated by local volunteers - find out more about volunteering at the Frome parkrun on the website here. Parkrun is intended to be accessible for people of all ages and abilities - you don't have to run in fact, with many people choosing to walk or jog the 5km routes or spectate and show support to those taking part.
You can register here to take part in parkrun, whether as a participant or volunteer. The weekly event in Frome - and at all parkruns - is very sociable and all are very welcome. To find out more about The Old Showfield Parkrun in Frome visit their website here.