Practice Nurse with focus on Chronic Disease/Family Planning (or Trainee)
Up to full time hours available
Competitive dependent on skills and experience
By arrangement with applicants
Join our dynamic, innovative and welcoming practice providing primary care, at Frome Medical Practice. We are a single site practice and Primary Care Network in our own right with a patient population of just under 30,000. We have received National Awards for Sustainability and our Green Impact work and have also been nationally recognised for our outstanding Health Connections (social prescribing) programme, which is based in the practice. We have strong relationships with our local community and local healthcare providers and are situated next to the local community hospital. We are an innovative practice with a strong focus on patient care and safety.
We are looking for a full-time nurse although part-time hours will be considered.
The applicant will ideally have 2 diplomas in chronic disease and or experience in other areas such as family planning and sexual health.
Applications may be considered from less experienced nurses who are willing to train in these disciplines and are interested in working in primary care.
We are a training practice and learning is one our core values and we are committed to offering a supportive environment for career development.
Essential qualifications & experience includes:
- NMC Registration
- Degree level education
- Chronic Disease and/or Family Planning Diplomas, or commiment to work towards
- Cervical Screening, or willingness to work towards
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake clinics working in an autonomous role including the management of chronic diseases.
- Other clinics in areas of training including family planning, cervical screening and sexual health.
- Undertake clinics for the management of essential hypertension including titration.
- Provide telephone support to patients who attend or cannot attend the clinics.
- Undertake the mentorship and training of other Nursing staff and HCAs taking responsibility for quality and training.
Please see the job description, linked below, for a full list of responsibilities.
- NHS pension available
- NHS and local discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Employee events and training
You can download the full job description here:
For further information please contact the HR Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: We are accepting applications for this post on an ongoing basis
Interview date: By arrangement with applicants
We reserve the right to close adverts early should we receive sufficient applications. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.