Diabetes Education Online Sessions
What does Frome Medical Practice offer?
We are taking our Diabetes Education Sessions online in 2020.
Our next session will take place on Monday 5th October at 7 pm, online, for Frome Medical Practice patients who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes. Family and carers who might also find it helpful to learn about this condition are also welcome to join.
The session will be led by one of our GPs, Dr Rob Taylor, who will be joined by Jo Fordham, one of our Senior Health Connectors, and will help you to gain a greater understanding of Type 2 Diabetes.
The session will cover the following:
- We will look at how diabetes affects your body.
- We will learn how lifestyle changes can help you manage your condition.
- We will cover various lifestyle choices, including sharing information with you on diet and exercise.
- We will also consider how we manage our sleep, stress and general health and well being.
There will be a chance for questions and answers at the end of the session.
To join this online session please click the link below. The closing date for registration is Thursday 1st October 2020. Once you have registered we will be sending out information on how to join the online session.
Other support available
For more information on diabetes and other support available please click here to see our main Diabetes page.
INDEX - Services
- Audiology / Hearing
- Breast Screening
- Care Coordination Hub
- Cervical Screening
- Childhood Immunisations
- Chlamydia Screening
- Contraception / Family Planning
- Diabetes Clinic
- Diabetes Education Online Sessions
- Ear Syringing
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Electronic Prescription Service
- Flu Vaccination
- Group Consultations
- Health Connections Mendip
- Healthy Child Programme
- High Blood Pressure
- Maternity Care
- Medical Examinations
- Mental Health
- Minor Surgery
- Musculoskeletal / Orthopaedic Service
- NHS Health Checks
- Patient Support and Information
- Respiratory Assessment
- Summary Care Record
- Support to Stop Smoking
- Test and Results
- Travel Advice
- Warfarin Monitoring
- Young Person's Clinic