COVID-19 (coronavirus) - latest government guidance
Updated 5th January 2021
Thank you to everyone in our community for working together and protecting each other through maintaining physical distancing, good hand hygiene and staying at home as much as possible. It has been hard but your commitment to this is appreciated. We need to continue to work together to stay safe in Frome.
The government has updated it's advice about coronavirus, as follows:
National Lockdown : stay at home
- You must stay at home. This is the single most important action we can all take to protect the NHS and save lives.
- You must not leave your home unless necessary.
- Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household or bubble.
Hands. Face. Space.
Approximately 1 in 3 people who have coronavirus have no symptoms and could be spreading it without realising it. Therefore, it's important to remember - ‘Hands. Face. Space.’
- hands – wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds
- face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings)
In all circumstances, you should follow the guidance on meeting others safely.
If you have symptoms....
If you have coronavirus symptoms get a test now and stay at home. If you 're getting a test because you have symptoms, you and anyone you live with must self isolate until you get your results. This also applies to anyone in your support bubble. Symptoms are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste - this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, stay at home. Do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- Our latest practice update on coronavirus
- Sign up for the NHS App
- Latest government guidance
- COVID-19 vaccinations
- How to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus
- What to do if you think you might have coronavirus
- Use of face coverings
- Information for patients who are shielding
- Support for people who are shielding
- Temporary changes to services
- Signs and symptoms
- Isolation notes
- Information in different formats
- Useful links
- Volunteer to help find a vaccine