COVID-19 (coronavirus) - latest government guidance
Updated 16th July 2021
From 19 July
England moves to Step 4 of the roadmap. Everyone should be cautious whilst managing the risks as cases of COVID-19 remain high. Find out what will change and what you should do to protect yourself and others.
Fully vaccinated people returning to England from amber list countries will not need to quarantine.
From 16 August
If you’re fully vaccinated or under 18, you will not need to self-isolate following close contact with someone who has COVID-19. You’ll still need to take a PCR test and self-isolate if it’s positive.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, stay at home. Do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- Sign up for the NHS App
- Latest government coronavirus guidance
- How to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus
- What to do if you think you might have coronavirus
- Use of face coverings
- Temporary changes to services
- Signs and symptoms of coronavirus
- Coronavirus isolation notes
- Information on coronavirus in different formats
- Useful links relating to coronavirus
- Volunteer to help vaccine research