Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice for Patients
(Updated 24th June 2020)
Thank you to everyone in our community for working together and protecting each other through maintaining physical distancing, good hand hygiene and staying at home as much as possible. It has been hard but your commitment to this is appreciated. Through our collective efforts we have reduced but not eliminated the coronavirus. We need to continue to work together to stay safe in Frome as the lockdown is eased.
The government has updated it's advice about coronavirus, as follows:
We can all help control the virus if we stay alert. This means you must:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
- Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
You can read more about what you can and can't do on the government website.
If you're at high risk (clinically extremely vulnerable) from coronavirus (COVID-19), there are extra steps you're advised to take to protect yourself. These extra steps are called shielding.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, stay at home. Do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
Use the 111 coronavirus service to find out what to do. The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste - this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Our latest practice update on coronavirus
- Sign up for the NHS App
- Staying alert (social distancing)
- How to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus
- What to do if you think you might have coronavirus
- Use of face coverings
- Information in different formats
- Information for patients who are shielding
- Support for people who are shielding
- Temporary changes to services
- Signs and symptoms
- What is COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
- Isolation notes
- Useful links