Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice for Patients
Updated 25 May 2021
Thank you to everyone in our community for working together and protecting each other through maintaining physical distancing, good hand hygiene and staying at home as much as possible. It has been hard but your commitment to this is appreciated. We need to continue to work together to stay safe in Frome.
Hands. Face. Space.
Approximately 1 in 3 people who have coronavirus have no symptoms and could be spreading it without realising it. Therefore, it's important to remember - ‘Hands. Face. Space.’
- hands – wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds
- face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings)
If you have symptoms....
If you have coronavirus symptoms get a test now and stay at home. If you 're getting a test because you have symptoms, you and anyone you live with must self isolate until you get your results. This also applies to anyone in your support bubble. Symptoms are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste - this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, stay at home. Do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- Sign up for the NHS App
- Latest government coronavirus guidance
- How to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus
- What to do if you think you might have coronavirus
- Use of face coverings
- Temporary changes to services
- Signs and symptoms of coronavirus
- Coronavirus isolation notes
- Information on coronavirus in different formats
- Useful links relating to coronavirus
- Volunteer to help vaccine research