|Frome Medical Centre||Locks Hill|
|01373 301300||01373 454446|
Practice Performance Results
Please click on the PDF here to see our recent Performance Results
This report is a result of a patient survey undertaken in 2012 Download and view the Patient Survey here.
Please see our Home Visits page
Please visit our Job Vacancies page
Register with us
Please visit our Register with us page
Change of Address
Please visit our Contact Us page
Confidentiality & Freedom of Information
Please visit our Confidentiality & Freedom of Information page
To manage the 29,000 patients registered with the Practice the GP’s work in 3 teams and you will be offered appointments with any GP in your team:
|Team 1||Team 2||Team 3|
|Dr Bungay||Dr Arnold||Dr Garmston|
|Dr Cahill||Dr Blackham||Dr Hall|
|Dr Iggulden||Dr Booth||Dr Kingston|
|Dr Oruz||Dr Merry (Senior Partner)||Dr Lewis|
|Dr Taylor||Dr Powell||Dr Shepperd|
|Dr Toci||Dr Smith||Dr Vose|
|Dr Watson||Dr Whitehead|
The GP’s are supported by the Secretary Team who are available for all patients to speak to and to liaise with the Doctors regarding any queries you may have. We deal with a wide variety of patient queries, mainly via the telephone but also face to face and we are constantly liaising with the hospitals in the area, so our telephone line can be extremely busy.
The Practice has embraced the development of Nurse Practitioner’s who are Registered General Nurses with substantial additional training and able to prescribe medication.
The Nurse Practitioner team operate the Practice’s unscheduled care service which offers walk in, sit and wait appointments and look after the emergency needs of our patients. This service operates at the Frome Community Hospital.
The Practice has a team of Registered General Nurses and Health Care Assistants who provide:
- Asthma, Diabetes and COPD Clinics
- Health checks (to book a health check follow this link to online appointments)
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Advice and support regarding healthy eating, weight loss and stopping smoking
- Cervical smear screening
- “Travel clinic”/services-clinics#travel-advice
- Injections, dressings, ear syringing, blood samples, ECG
- Coronary prevention and hypertension management
- Minor surgery
Other Health Care Staff:
There other Health Care professionals who are based at the Practice but are employed by Somerset Community Health including:
- Community Nursing Team – Our community nurses are a branch of the nursing profession offering healthcare services to housebound patients who cannot attend the surgery but need nursing care and for whom admission to hospital is not necessary or desirable. This help may include:
- Visits from members of the nursing team to give skilled care or specialist treatments.
- Information about and/or referrals to other community services.
- Support if you are caring for another family member.
- Teaching you or a relative ways in which you can lead as independent a life as possible.
- Confidential advice about nursing matters.
- 24 hour access to the nursing service
- The community nurses may be contacted on their direct line, 03003 230117
- Health Visitors – The health visiting team provide a universal health promotion and prevention service to all age groups both on an individual and group basis. They provide advice, support and counselling. They have a particular expertise in child development and infant feeding. You can contact the Health Visiting Team by telephoning 03003 230118.
The Practice Manager, Michael Whitburn, has overall responsibility for the running of the practice and is supported in this by a team of experienced and highly trained Medical Receptionists, Secretaries and Administrators. If you have any comments or feedback, he can be emailed on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a specific complaint please contact us or speak to the Reception Team Leader when you are in the Practice.
Practice Area and Population Spread
Practice Area and Population Spread PDF Practice_Boundary_Change_2013